In this episode, Sri & PVSB engage in some rank punditry as they explore the state of the CPG/Retail industry half way into 2022.
Topics they cover:
- State of omnichannel – ecommerce or store – who is winning?
- Implosion of immediate delivery vertical
- The emergence of live streaming & video
- Influence of digital content on in-store sales
- DTC was hot during covid and is still the best mechanism for 1P, is it still the case? – why bother when you have capabilities like Fetch?
- Evolution of shoppable media
- Availability of retail 1P data – who “owns” it?
- Growth of retail media and what’s next (2nd price auctions)
- Is ROAS really ROI? – difference is incrementality
- Brand mash-ups (Coke/Jack Daniels, Taco Bell Cheez-It etc.)…moving the needle or just performative?
- Collapse of Crypto & NFTs
- Building loyalty in these times
- Conferences – in person or virtual, will people return to group settings
- When will supply chain constraints abate?
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.View Original Article